The Center for Turfgrass Science is once again coordinating a scholarship program for the 2019–2020 academic year. Awards typically range from $500 to $3,500 and are provided by leading turfgrass associations, foundations, endowments, and corporations in the metropolitan area. The following scholarships will be included in this program:
- Golf Course Superintendents Association of New Jersey
- New Jersey Landscape Contractors Association Scholarship Awards
- New Jersey Turfgrass Foundation Scholarship Awards
- Paul DesChamps Memorial Scholarship Awards
- Peter Loft Memorial Scholarship Awards
- Ralph Engel Scholarship Awards
- Ralph Geiger Scholarship Awards
- Rutgers Center for Turfgrass Science Scholarship Awards
- Rutgers Turfgrass Alumni Association Scholarship Awards
- Sports Field Managers Association Scholarship Award
Students who are currently enrolled in a graduate, undergraduate, or two-year professional turf management program are encouraged to apply. High school students (in their senior year) with a strong interest in Turfgrass science may also apply. Scholarships will be awarded on the basis of academic performance, proven interest/experience in the field of turfgrass science, and financial need.
(The application form contains fill-in fields. If you cannot fill in the fields in your web browser, please download the application form and use the free Adobe Reader to complete the form.)
To be considered for any of these scholarships, candidates must complete the general application form and send all required information (including a copy of school transcripts) to:
Turfgrass Scholarship Committee
Attention: Dr. Bruce B. Clarke
Rutgers Center for Turfgrass Science
59 Dudley Road, Foran Hall
New Brunswick, NJ 08901-8520
Candidates who are enrolled in the Two-Year Program, must email their applications to Fran Koppell in the Office of Continuing and Professional Education.
Applications must be completed using the PDF form available on the Turf Center website and be received by September 9, 2019.