The Center for Turfgrass Science conducts annual research symposia, field days, workshops, webinars, and educational seminars in association with Rutgers Cooperative Extension, the Office of Continuing Professional Education, and the turfgrass industry in New Jersey and throughout the world.
Blogs & Newsletters
The Office of Continuing Professional Education (OCPE) provides educational opportunities for adults through short courses in turfgrass and landscape management. These short courses enrich adults through training on state-of-the-art knowledge and practices in turfgrass and landscape management. Many short courses offer a certificate upon completion of the course. Short courses vary from ½-day to 20-week programs.
- Professional Golf Turf Management School – Three-Week Preparatory Course at Rutgers NJAES
- Professional Golf Turf Management School – Two-Year Certificate Program at Rutgers NJAES
- Landscape and Grounds Management Courses at Rutgers NJAES
Fact Sheets & Bulletins
- The New Jersey Turfgrass Industry Economic Survey – Executive Summary (310k PDF) and Brochure (585k PDF).
- Best Management Practices for Nutrient Management of Turf in New Jersey
- Best Management Practices for Anthracnose on Annual Bluegrass Putting Green Turf – 2015 Update (215k PDF)
- Disease Calendar for Landscape Turf in New Jersey (61k PDF)
- Fact Sheets and Bulletins on Turf-Related Topics from Rutgers Cooperative Extension
- Turfgrass Entomology
- BTN Live B1G: Rutgers Works to Make Grass Greener
Plant biologists at Rutgers University study global grasses to create the next generation of green and clean lawns.
- 2016 PGA Championship Played on Rutgers Turfgrass
Baltusrol Golf Club in Springfield, New Jersey uses Rutgers breeds throughout the course.
- HouseSmarts Episode 122: Green With Envy
Dr. James A. Murphy talks about making your lawn healthy, beautiful, and green.